11.18.2008

So here I am.

I don't really know why I made this. I guess I feel like livejournal is a bit childish and that having a blog is more mature. Perhaps I will actually post things that are interesting. I don't know.

Life is weird. I am having so much fun and it feels really good to say that I feel like I have a really good girl friend. I haven't had one in a while.

Saw Trash Talk last night and it was so so good seeing Garrett. We talked about our lives and decided that we need to get best friend tattoos soon! I am really excited for that. Going to Seattle tomorrow for their show and then coming back home and going to Silk's memorial. I cried today for the first time after hearing about his passing. Although it hurts, I still don't feel that it has fully sunk in. I have never dealt with the death of someone close to me and I still don't feel like it is real. I am constantly hearing his voice in my head and picturing him smiling and laughing. I just don't understand life and death, I suppose.

Someone said something to me the other day that has been dwelling in my mind ever since.. he told me that Silk had lived a better life because I was in it. Maybe I am just getting sappy but it really made me think about how I should really be more open about my appreciation for my friends and family. If something were to happen to me tomorrow, I want the ones I love and care about to know just how important they were to me and my life.

"There is life here, because there is love here." - Sokhak "Silk" Peng. Rest in peace.

No comments: